2022 Restaurant Week Info
In 2022, the Heritage Corridor Business Alliance reimagined the traditional restaurant week. Bouncing back from the pandemic, we couldn’t ask restaurants to provide discounts. In fact, we wanted to reinvigorate restaurant staffs. That’s how we came up with Test Kitchen Week.
Not only did these new entrees and drinks excite the culinary teams, but it also gave front-of-house staffs a boost – as patrons of each restaurant tried their new dishes with a smile on their face.
Besides happy stomachs, we wanted to engage with each patron. That’s why after each time they dined out, patrons were invited back to our web site to give honest ratings and feedback on their experience. These ratings were shared with each location, giving quantative data for any potential tweaks.
The HCBA also awarded plaques to the Top Rated Entree, Top Rated Drink, and Overall Best Test Kitchen Week Menu.
MUGSHOTS BAR AND GRILL (Homer Glen, IL)
- Nashville Hot Chicken Sandwich
- Hand-battered Chicken breast, tossed in our signature Nashville Hot sauce. Topped with bread & butter pickles and creamy cabbage slaw
- Italian Style Strip Steak Sandwich
- 8 oz. USDA Choice strip, with mozzarella cheese, Mr. Beef’s marinara sauce and sweet & hot peppers
- Tequila Coconut Painkiller
- Mimosa Flight
- Regular, Hawaiian, Raspberry-Lemonade
DIGS ON CANAL (Lemont, IL)
- Smokey Row Nachos
- fresh tortilla chips, beer cheese sauce, smoked pulled pork, tomatoes, sliced jalapenos, shredded cheddar, bbq sauce and sour cream.
- Perfect Pear Salad
- leafy green mix, with grilled chicke, candied pecans, sliced pears, dried cranberries, parmesan and homwemade balsaic-maple syrup dressing
- Mac & Cheese Flight
- three skillets featuring white cheddar & Onion Mac, BBQ Pork Mac and Tuscan Chicken Mac N Cheese.
- Peppermint White Russian
- Made with Tito’s and Peppermint Kahlua
BARREL AND VINE (Lemont, IL)
- Filet with Roasted Bone Marrow
- With roasted baby carrots, saffron potatoes, and yuzu black shallot sauce
- Almond Crusted Halibut
- Golden Yukon mashed potatoes with blue crab, grilled asparagus, and lemon butter sauce
- Shrimp, diced chicken, Andouille Sausage, Black Forest ham, Cajun tomato sauce, and Orzo pasta
- Beef Wellington
- With au gratin potatoes and red wine sauce (only available Friday, 1/14, and Saturday, 1/15)
- Create Your Own Old-Fashioned Adventure
- You choose the bitters and the spirits for a one-of-a-kind classic cocktail
THE PHOENIX KITCHEN AND COCKTAILS (Homer Glen, IL)
- Southwest Turkey chili w/ Avocado cream
- Baked Jumbo Prawns
- Bacon wrapped U6 jumbo prawns, whiskey hollandaise sauce
- Smoked stuffed chicken
- andouille sausage & corn bread stuffed chicken, creamy herbed polenta, peppadew pepper puree
- Campfire Old-fashioned
- Sagamore Rye whiskey, Marshmallow simple syrup, chocolate bitters, Large Ice sphere
- Raymond “R collection” Field blend, Napa Ca, 2019
- The R Collection Field Blend elegantly brings together 5 core varietals: Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Syrah, Petite Sirah and Zinfandel for a wine that is layered and complex. medium-to-full bodied wine displays aromas of cherry, anise, and a touch of white pepper. Luscious flavors of strawberry and tangy raspberry. Exceptional balance and a velvety textured culminate with a lengthy, satisfying finish.
WOODEN PADDLE (Lemont, IL)
- Wood-Fired Sticky Chinese Ribs
- Hoisin BBQ garnished with sesame seeds and Asian micro greens
- Wood-Fired Brussel Sprouts
- Sesame gochujang sauce with buttered almonds.
- Ooey Gooey Butter Cake
- Two new cocktails
- A Chef’s Special Pizza – Bahn Mi Pizza